We are so excited to bring you our Community Christmas Cracker Event on Saturday 2nd December,the day of the Christmas lights switch-on (which is at 5pm). Fun for all the family!
Here are details of what to expect on the day:
From 1.30pm St John’s Community Centre, this will include:
- Christmas Market – from 1.30pm in the Upper Hall
Hot food & drinks served from the kitchen – hotdogs, hot chocolate, mulled wine and more
- Disco and Party Games – in the Lower Hall
We will run 3 x 45 minute sessions starting at 1.45pm, 2.45pm & 3.45pm.
Tickets are £2 per child and include a drink and packet of crisps. Tickets will be on sale on the day on a first come, first served basis.
- Santa’s Grotto
£3 per child including a gift from Santa. We will have 3 time slots to keep the queues moving.
Tickets will be on sale on the day on a first come, first served basis.
We have real life Donkeys for an extra special photo experience!
- Thurlstone Brass Band
1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Live music from Micky Johnson
- Mini Fairground
Mini carousel & traditional games like hook a duck & tin can alley – all free and a prize every time!
We will also be selling a variety of light up toys.
- Licensed Bar
Beer, cider, wine & spirits
- Hot Food & Drinks
Tickets for the grotto and disco are available on a first come first served basis from the gate. Limited tickets available. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A CASH ONLY EVENT.
Also, at St John’s Church: Angel Voices Performing Arts Academy – 2.30pm – 4.30pm
The Christmas Light Switch-on is at 5pm.
The Christmas Tractor & Wagon (details here on Faceboook) run will complete the event and an array of illuminated tractors and wagons will drive past the square-about after the light switch on.
It starts at Goldthorpes Corn Mill, Lee Lane, Millhouse Green S36 9NN and will pass through Penistone at around 5,30pm before going on to Crow Edge Community centre.
Click here to view the official flier.
UPDATE. We have received more info about the running times of the run:
- 4.00pm — Goldthrorpes Corm Mill (Reindeer FeedingPoint)
- 4.08pm— Royd Moor Viewing Point
- 4.20pm — Fountain Inn, lngbirchworth
- 4.30pm — Travellers Inn,, A629, Oxspring
- 4.35pm — Roughbirchworth Lane, Oxsprlng
- 4.45pm — Oxspring Rd, Cubley
- 5.20pm — Penistone Town Centre
- 5.30pm — Thurlstone / Millhouse Green
- 5.40pm — Hazlehead Crossroads
- 5.50pm — Crow Edge Community Centre (Santa’s Watering Hole)
…And special messages from Father Christmas…