We’re inviting the people of Penistone to submit their photos of the area for publication on this site. Any we select will appear on the home page and eventually in a gallery collecting the best submission over each year.
The subject matter is open to you: landscapes, the people, markets, parades – whatever you feels captures the character of Penistone.
Sadly we can’t offer a fee or prize. The PTC is a not-for-profit organisation and has limited funds.
What we need
When you send a photo please let us have the following:
- Your name (or photographer’s name)
- Photo Title
- Description or other info (this will only be displayed if space allows)
- Images must be at least 1700 pixels wide – larger if possible (we can reduce them for the site)
Send the above in an email with your photos to email@example.com
Terms and conditions
Naturally, before we can publish any photos we have to make sure certain criteria are met.
- You must hold the copyright of the photo(s) you submit OR you have permission to send it to us for publication.
- Although not necessarily a legal requirement, we would prefer that anyone featured in your photos has given permission for their likeness to be published on this site or be used in conjunction with other Penistone Town Council publicity, either on the web or in print. This is particularly important if children are subjects of the photos. The exception to this is rule is photographs taken in a public location (eg street) or public events – no permissions are then normally required unless you have a contract with the subject beforehand (eg private/commercial photo shoot in a public place).
- Penistone Town Council would like to be allowed to use the photo on other Penistone Town Council publications or publicity – the author will be credited. If you prefer that we didn’t do this then please don’t submit photos – but please bear in mind that no individuals will be making a profit from such use.
- The author will retain copyright of the image submitted.